Thursday, April 15, 2010

Where I am at today.

I need to invest in a digital scale. As of right now, I don't have a working scale in my house. I never really wanted to weigh myself becuase I knew I would be unhappy with what I saw. The last time I got on the scale was at my girls' peditrician office. It read 130.

I know what you are thinking - "130? That's not fat!". But let me tell you a little more. I am 5'2", and have a very petite build. Not once in my life did I weight over 110 lbs until I got pregnant with my first. And with that being said, I was still the biggest girl out of all my cousins. My cousins never broke the 100 mark! There really was much spoken competition about weight, but at family get togethers, it was always known. Aunt's and uncle's always make comments about how I am "getting fat".

Throughout high school, I had a really unhealthy relationship with food. I used to write the code SN2F ("say no to food") on my hand so I would see it every day as I thought about bringing the fork to my lips. I ate one meal a day, and that was forced on me by my aunt.. I didn't want her to know, so I ate.

After I met my husband, I let my fear of food go. And the tables turned. My unhealthy relationship with food did a complete 360. I would eat everything that was bad for me. In one night I could finish, 2 slices of pizza, 1 deep fried pizza puff, a gyro and 2 scoops of ice cream. (Yeah, that was a common meal!) My body didn't seem to notice, and I always stayed skinny.

Fast forward 9 years. Here I am married with 2 beautiful little girls, and I keep on adding the weight.

So, for the first time in my life I am going to start working out and eating healthy.

I will not be joining a gym, instead I am going to find ways to be more active, watch what I eat, and drink more water.

I will make this happen.

For now,
PlumpMom

No comments:

Post a Comment