Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Frustrated with the lack of weight loss

When I first got my scale, 5 days ago, I weighed 125.0.

I've heard that you aren't supposed to weigh yourself every day, but I can't help myself. The scale has never said anything less than 125.4 since last Friday. It's usually 126 - 127.9. What is going on here? What am I doing wrong?

I've cut back on the calories that I eat, and try to eat healthy. I exercise so much more than before (before it was nothing)....and still the scale is going the wrong way.

My husband was telling me that his boss is on the Atkins diet and has been losing a ton of weight. I tried that 3 years ago and it worked great, but I gained it all back once I introduced carbs again. I'm really tempted to do it anyways. I just might if I don't see changes by next week.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Here's what I'm doing:

Exercise:
  • 200 crunches, 100 leg lifts in the morning before getting ready
  • Walk for 1 hour in downtown Chicago during my lunch break
  • 100 crunches, 50 leg lifts mid day if I can steal an empty office
  • Walk for 1 hour at home after work
  • 200 crunches, 100 leg lifts before bed
    (Thinking about doing the 30 Day Shred in the mornings instead, but I tried today, and I couldn't get past 5 "beginner" push ups :()


    Yesterday's Diet:
    Breakfast:
  • 4 Strawberries
  • 1/2 cup of Cottage Cheese
  • 1 slice of whole wheat bread

    Lunch:
  • 1/2 can of tuna
  • 2 celery stalks
  • 1 cup of Yoplait yogurt

    Snack:
  • 1 serving of mixed nuts (unsalted)

    Dinner:
  • Small portion of grilled fish w/ pepper seasoning
  • Grilled Veggies (green beans, cauliflower, carrots)
  • 1/4 cup of rice


    I'm giving up everything I love to eat, spending so much time walking, and still not showing any results. FRUSTRATING!

    For now,
    Plumpmom
  • 1 comment:

    1. How long have you been doing this? Just for the last week, right?

      Also, I don't think you are getting enough calories. Your body may be storing fat rather than burning it because of your caloric intake. This is called "starvation mode".

      Oerall, your diet looks good, just needs a little "beefing up". As far as your workouts go, eating is 80% of the battle. The walking is good. You don't want to train your abs everyday. You should be doing different toning exercises focusing on differnt muscle groups each day. I have heard good things about the shred. Don't give up and please, for the love of God, do not do Atkins. It may take longer to lose the weight doing it the "right" way, but you'll be much more successful in keeping it off. Good luck.

      ReplyDelete