Thursday, April 22, 2010

Easy, Delicious, Healthy Turkey Meatloaf

Last night’s dinner was really yummy. I didn’t follow a recipe, I just put my own spin on a beef meatloaf that made a few times in the past. I really recommend this!

Ingredients :
3/4 Pound Lean Ground Turkey
3 egg whites
1 small onion, chopped into small pieces
2 celery stalks, chopped into small pieces
10 medium sized mushrooms, sliced
1 cup of uncooked oatmeal
1 tablespoon of garlic
Salt and pepper to season gently
1/2 cup of 1% milk
1/4 cup of ketchup
1/4 cup of brown sugar (optional)
(You could also add a little bit of flaxseed if you wish)

Tip: I mixed everything together the night before to save time the next day. All I had to do was pop it in the oven!

1. Mix all ingredients (except for ketchup the brown sugar) together in a bowl
2. Form a nice sized loaf on a baking pan or in a casserole dish
3. Place in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour
4. Mix Ketchup and brown sugar together in a bowl (you don’t necessarily need the brown sugar)
5. With 10 minutes remaining, check that it is evenly cooked and almost finished. If so, add the ketchup mix to the top of the loaf.
6. Remove from oven, and cut into slices.

The great thing about meatloaf, is that you could add any veggies you like! Unfortunately, I didn’t take a picture, but I assure you it was delicious!

I served this with an easy Tomato and Onion Salad.
(Tomotoes, Onions, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil and pepper.)
Yum, yum, yum, yum yum.
For now,
Plump mom

No comments:

Post a Comment